Are you ready to be nationally recognized by major U.S. corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations?
By joining The Council as an MBE, you’ll be included in the national database of certified MBEs — utilized by over 3,000 corporations nationwide. You’ll also be included in the listing of supplier diversity executives that’s shared with all NYNJMSDC certified suppliers.
MBE certification through The Council makes you eligible to participate in all NYNJMSDC events, including seminars, and procurement fairs, as well as benefit from newly certified supplier orientations. You’ll also be eligible to exhibit at the NYNJMSDC Business Opportunity Exchange (BOE) and the NMSDC Conference + Business Opportunity Exchange.
In order to be certified as a bonafide MBE, a firm must meet the following criteria:
- United States citizens
- Minority businesses must be at least 51% minority–owned, managed and controlled. For the purposes of NMSDC’s program, a minority group member is an individual who is at least 25% Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic or Native American. Minority eligibility is established via a combination of document reviews, screenings, interviews and site visits. Ownership, in the case of a publicly owned business, means that at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more minority group members
- Must be a for profit enterprise and physically located in the U. S. or its trust territories
- Management and daily operations must be exercised by the minority ownership member(s)
Groups that are NOT certifiable by the NMSDC are, and not limited to:
- Green Card Holders / Resident Aliens / Legal Permanent Residents
- Northern Africa (Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Algeria, etc.)
- Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal)
- Asia Minor Region (Peninsula between the Black Sea & the Mediterranean)
- Persian Gulf (Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc.)
Whether you’re looking to get certified for the first time or to renew your certification, the entire application process can be conveniently completed through the new NMSDC Central Technology Platform portal.
The NMSDC Central® New Technology Platform will allow you to:
- Upload your documents Once you log in, please review the landing page for required documentation and other pertinent information
- Make payments through a secure electronic payment gatewayEverything is processed via a secure electronic payment gateway, which includes options for payment via electronic check (paper checks are not accepted)
- Receive notifications Get updates regarding your certification process and status in the new NMSDC Central portal
- Access the system from your Affiliate Council’s website Find The Council’s affiliate link here: https://affiliate.nmsdc.org/nynjmsdc
You will need to request a login ID and password to complete your application. If you have any questions, please contact our certification staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to know about the application process:
- The certification process can take up to 90 days
- When completing the application, feel free to take as long as needed
- Your information will be saved for your next session and is completely confidential
- The processing of your application will begin when payment is received
- Application and documents are reviewed for completeness
- If your application is approved, you will be notified via email
- If the Board rejects your application, you may submit a letter of appeal
The New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (NYNJMSDC) upon request, may make consultant referrals, not recommendations. The NYNJMSDC expressly disclaims any liability in connection with contact, response, or interaction between an applicant, consultant, or agency. Procuring consultants is strictly upon the applicant’s discretion.
We do not license, endorse, recommend, or collect any fees associated with any consultants. Certification approval is not based on the submission of an application by a consultant. It is based on the eligibility of the applicant and the accuracy of documents required and submitted. Consequently, when deciding to procure a consultant to complete the submission of the NY & NJ MSDC Certification application, we encourage applicants to do their due diligence.
All applications require submission of a non-refundable application fee.
|Classification||Annual Revenue||Fee Amount|
|Class I||Under $1,000,000||$400|
|Class II||$1,000,000 — $10,000,000||$600|
|Class III||$10,000,000 — $50,000,000||$1,000|
|Class IV||Over $50,000,000||$1,500|
Expedited Application Processing (within 10 business days) - $1,000.00 (additional)