In order to be certified as a bona fide NY & NJ Minority Supplier Development Council Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), a firm must be:
- Legally organized.
- Established as a full-time, profit-making entity.
- At least 51% owned by a United States Citizen or a Naturalized Citizen who is Black, Hispanic, Native-American or Asian.
- The Council certifies based on bloodline, not nationality.
- The minority group member(s)’ ownership interest in the firm must be real, substantial and continuing.
- Under the day-to-day control and guidance of a minority group member.
Certification is a verification of statements that one is a minority, who owns and manages a firm. This verification is established through a thorough examination of various documents, on-site visits and interviews. The documents required depend on the type of organization that the firm has adopted – sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation.
Please review the criteria carefully. If your company does not meet the requirements above, please do not submit an application.
The application fee is non refundable.
Benefits of Certification
- Nationally recognized by major U.S. corporations, many public agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Inclusion in MBISYS, the national database on certified MBE utilized by over 3,000 corporations nationwide.
- Eligible to participate in all NY & NJ MSDC events, seminars & procurement fairs.
- Newly Certified Supplier Orientations.
- Listing of supplier diversity executives of all NY & NJ MSDC members.
- Eligible to exhibit at the NY & NJ MSDC Business Opportunity Fair (BOF) and the NMSDC national BOF.
NMSDC® Central New Technology Platform
Online Certification/Recertification Application
NMSDC is implementing an innovative and straightforward portal for online certification and re-certification applications. This portal will be one component of the new NMSDC Central Technology Platform.
The NMSDC® Central New Technology Platform will be able to:
- Upload your *documents
- Make payments through a secure electronic payment gateway options including electronic checks (paper checks are not accepted for payment)
- Receive notifications regarding your certification in the new NMSDC Central portal
Access the system from your Affiliate Council’s website at https://affiliate.nmsdc.org/nynjmsdc
You will need to request a login ID and password to complete your application.
If you have any questions, please contact: Dora Reddick at email@example.com
(*) Once you log in, please review the landing page for required documentation and other pertinent information.
|Annual Revenue||Fee Amount|
|$1,000,000 – $10,000,000||$550.00|
|$10,000,000 – $50,000,000||$850.00|
To Expedite Application Processing (within 10 business days) $1,000.00 (additional)
A certified MBE must submit an application for renewal of certification through the online portal, at least forty-five days prior to the certification expiration date or upon request by your home Council. Certification will be terminated if application for renewal and all required documentation are not received by the date of expiration. Please refer to your certificate for expiration date.
|Annual Revenue||Fee Amount|
|$1,000,000 – $10,000,000||$500.00|
|$10,000,000 – $50,000,000||$800.00|
To Expedite Application Processing (within 2 business days) $250.00 (additional)